- Online Application: Take a few minutes to review our admission requirements and begin your application. To get started, create an account and select Accountancy as the program and Accountancy MS (online)–iMSA as the degree. You can start your application and complete it over time if you wish.
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates: As part of the application process, all applicants must submit unofficial transcripts and degree certificates if applicable, along with certified English translations if the records are in a language other than English. An officer of the educational institution issuing the documents must certify credentials. Certified copies of these documents must be scanned and uploaded into the Upload Credentials Here section of your online application in order for us to complete the review of your application. If you are admitted to the iMSA program, you have to request that the educational institution which issued those transcripts and degree certificates mail your official and original transcripts and degree certificates in a sealed envelope to
College of Business Online Programs
Attn: iMSA Program
Business Instructional Facility, Suite 2019
515 E. Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
- Professional Resume: Your professional resume should include personal information (name, address, telephone number and email address), educational background, work experience (start and end dates for each position, brief description of responsibilities, location of employer if you are an international applicant). You may also include relevant educational training and memberships in professional associations.
- Personal Statement: Your personal statement should briefly describe your reasons for pursuing the iMSA degree and your personal and professional goals. Please limit your personal statement to 1500 words.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of Recommendation from business sources or academic sources. We strongly recommend that your business references come from individuals who know you in a professional setting and can speak to your leadership abilities and to your commitment to succeed in a rigorous program. At least one of the letters should come from your current or previous supervisor. Academic references should be from professors whose course(s) you have taken. Personal references from friends and family members are not acceptable.
- GMAT or GRE Score Reports: All applicants, domestic or international, are required to take the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). You may qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver if you have at least three years of relevant full-time professional experience with demonstrated career progression. Your official GMAT scores must be sent directly to the Business Graduate Programs Office: Institution Code – 1836 (Program Code VKR-TK-55). To apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver please fill out and submit this form .
- TOEFL/IELTS Score Reports: All applicants whose native language is not English must take the Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. Your official TOEFL (or IELTS) scores must be sent directly to the Business Graduate Programs Office: Institution Code – 1836. If you meet certain conditions, you may qualify for an exemption to the English proficiency requirement.
- iMSA Coursework Form (upload as part of online application): The iMSA Coursework Form includes a list of prerequisite coursework and additional relevant coursework.
- Supplemental Materials: Upload any supplemental materials, if any, as part of the online application.