You need to submit an application for graduation in your final term in order to place your name on the degree list and receive your diploma. We recommend that you submit your application for graduation while you are in Student Self-Service registering for your last course(s) for the program. Step-by-step directions for the application to place your name on the degree list are below.
- Proceed to Student Self-Service
- Click on “University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)”
- Log in with your University NetID and password
- Click on the “Graduation” tab at the top of the page
- Click “Apply to Graduate”
- Select the appropriate term, then select “Submit”.
- Select the program (you should see only one; if more than one appear, be sure to select the correct one)
Continue to follow the instructions on the screen. Be sure that you follow these all the way through, and that you hit a final “SUBMIT” button at the end. Your application for graduation will not be complete until you click that final submission button.
The program will communicate deadlines by which you must submit your application for graduation via email.